Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Armenian American/ SHOW Opening

The opening reception at SHOW was a big success and lots of fun!! My sis-in-law Stephanie (special thanks to her) helped make it extra special with her two wonderful dance performances that seemed to accent my work perfectly. I was honored that so many people from the Staten Island art community attended and pleasantly surprised that others ventured out from Manhattan, the other boroughs and even L.I.....WOW how often does that happen at a SI opening??? Special thanks to family and friends who came to show support and help make it so special. The gallery will be producing posters of some of my belly dancer drawings ($30each) those should be available soon (stay posted..hehehe). We also plan to have some belly dance workshops happening at the gallery..also stay tuned for dates on that!!! Special thanks to Theo and his crew (Tim, Jeff and Mary)for helping to finally get this thing off the ground and to my husband Steve who made all my backing boards for the paintings among other things....and my girl Giulietta for her face and being patient in the studio while Mama did some work. Thanks to everyone!!! Theo Dorian/ SHOW gallery owner getting ready to cut the cake..which BTW also accented my work perfectly courtesy of DarlingCakesNYC.com (Thanks Winter!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You work is beautiful. Diana Sorkin referred you to me for new mwdia marketing.. Please contact me at mzayfert@aol.com Thanks.